Thursday, January 5, 2012

Let's Talk About Homemade Pizza

Who doesn't like pizza?
I really enjoy making my own.  It's easy, customizable, and fun to put together!

I swear by home made pizza dough. It's easy and the bonus of making it at home is that you know exactly what's in it.  I just keep ingredients for dough on hand (flour, yeast, water, salt.... that's usually all it takes) and ask my husband who works at home to mix the dough for us and let it rise while I'm at work.

Here is a mini-pizza from last night.

Mmmmm... delicious whole wheat dough, homemade sauce we got for Christmas, mushrooms, peppers, spinach and shredded mozzarella.  
?
Do you make pizza at home?  What is your favorite? 


1 comment:

  1. My favorite is to take a really thin (most of the time premade)*gasp:) crust. I spread olive oil and chopped garlic first as the sauce. I slice onion as thin as I can and carmelize them first then add those, sliced mushrooms and mozzarella. sometimes I get a little crazy and and try different cheeses- fontina, gouda, harvarti, etc.. Wow...think I know what I'm making for dinner tonight! Ann Woldt

    ReplyDelete